Reflections & Recollections
Musical Images for Piano
10 works for solo piano
MUSICAL IMAGES FOR PIANO: REFLECTIONS AND RECOLLECTIONS VOL. 3 is the latest continuation of composer Mark John McEncroe’s REFLECTIONS AND RECOLLECTIONS series. Many of the pieces featured in this collection are reductions of McEncroe’s orchestral works, providing a glimpse into the creative process that has led to so many powerful orchestral works.
Retaining their towering grandeur despite now being for solo piano, each piece stands wholly on its own, capturing the stark power of McEncroe’s compositions in their most naked, unadulterated forms, and making for a powerful and memorable listening experience.
Sheet music available through Wirripang.
This collection of pieces is available on the album Musical Images for Piano vol. 3, pianist Van-Anh Nguyen
COLLECTED WORKS LIST Vol 3
1. Images Of Times Past 6:18
2. Movements In The Night - A Symphonic Poem 8:51
3. Echoes From A Haunted Past - A Symphonic Poem 8:45
4. The Pendulum No.2 5:12
5. Moving Into The Light (from Natalie’s Suite, 3rd Movement) 5:29
6. A Celtic Pagan’s Pilgrimage 6:37
7. A Parting Of Ways 7:59
8. Storm Clouds Approaching 6:17
9. Natalie’s Dilemma - A Symphonic Poem 11:26
10. Balmy Summer Nights 5:10
Van-Anh Nguyen performing Images of Times Past